Hello beautiful friends!
When you hear or see the word ‘brownies’, who else instantly becomes attracted?
I sure do 🙂
If you have been following my life/videos on YouTube, you may know that I am all for eating in abundance, nourishing our bodies with the gifts provided by Mother Earth, and not labelling food as ‘guilt-free’, ‘treat’, or anything of that sort. As someone who experienced an eating disorder in the past, this is something that I am deeply passionate about.
I love experimenting with whole plant foods and cooking in the kitchen. For me, it’s like meditation! So on this lovely Sunday at home, I decided to make and bake some delicious brownies as my snack-fuel for the week, and they turned out absolutely incredible. Like…in-cred-i-ble!
They are fudgy.
They are sweet.
They are chocolate-y.
They are simply delicious!
If I want a brownie, then I will eat a (vegan) brownie. There are no feelings of guilt or restriction. I am forever unapologetically attracted to them. And what I love about homemade food is that you know it is made with high vibrational energy and nourishing wholesome ingredients, which are truly important factors that influence how you show up for yourself and the world. Self-care is beyond powerful.
If you have never tried Zucchini Brownies before, I highly encourage you to give them a try before you are ‘put off’ by the name! In complete honesty, you really can’t taste the zucchini (even though I love them), and they are added more-so for volume, texture, and of course that extra nourishment. Zucchinis really are an amazing source of Vitamin C and copper, and have great anti-inflammatory properties that allow our sacred bodies to thrive.
I wholeheartedly hope that you enjoy the recipe as much as I do, eat them with gratitude, and share the love with your loved ones! With the use of besan (chickpea) flour, these give the brownies a bonus kick of plant-based protein, on top of being gluten-free. If you do recreate them, I would love to see your creations with your tags on Instagram!
Sending my love,
Fudgy Vegan Zucchini Brownies
Recipe by Jasmine Lipska
Makes: around 12 small slices
Time: 50-55 minutes
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 medjool dates
- 3 dried figs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Topping (optional): peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the oat flour, besan flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cacao powder with a spatula.
- In a food processor, add in the dates, figs and water, and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until a smooth paste is formed.
- In another bowl, mash one banana, and add in the tahini and date paste. Combine well.
- Now, add the wet ingredients into the dry bowl, stirring well with a spatula to incorporate everything together.
- Lastly, add in the shredded zucchini, goji berries and shredded coconut, and mix evenly into the brownie batter. The mixture should be slightly thick and not too runny.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking tin, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked inside.
- Once done, allow the brownies to completely cool before cutting and serving.
- Optional: Drizzle peanut butter on top for a decadent topping, or any other frosting of choice.
- Enjoy by yourself and with friends and family!