Hi sweet friends!
Today I am sharing with you another amazing brownie recipe, because you probably guessed it- I’m pretty #obessed with these at the moment. Cooking and baking are my relaxation and meditation, so whenever I get the chance, I am creating in the kitchen, and on this day I came up with another version for some decadent, gooey, nourishing and heart-warming chocolatey brownies.
Unlike my previous fudgy zucchini brownie recipe, which was also divine to say the least, the base of these brownies are made with sweet potatoes this time. Consisting of wholesome ingredients straight from Mother Earth to nourish our mind, body and soul, the brownies are also gluten free, refined sugar free, and came out of the oven in pure decadency. They were moist, fudgy, not too dense, and I found them to be just right in sweetness as well. It’s safe to say they’ll be gone in a few days (or maybe, day).
Sweet potatoes are an incredibly highly nutritious root vegetable rich in so many different vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A. I have them every day when I’m at home, not only because do they taste amazing in their natural form, but they are also so versatile, and extremely balancing for my Vata body type. Coming from the roots of the Earth, they are great for grounding and warming the body.
It’s simply incredible how abundant plant foods can be. By gathering a few ingredients and blending them together, you can turn them into something magical, like these. As always, this recipe is super simple, and the best part is that I made it all in one food processor- yep, no extra bowls to clean, just a processor, spatula and baking tin (which didn’t even need to be washed).
When you make your own food at home with love and gratitude, your body really receives this love and high vibration. It’s amazing how everything is all connected. I truly hope that you enjoy this recipe, and if you try it I’d love to see your creations tagged on my instagram!
Sending my love,
Sweet Potato Brownies
Recipe by Jasmine Lipska
Makes: 14-16 bite sized slices
Time: 45-50 minutes
- 250g sweet potato puree*
- 1/2 cup besan flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp tahini (or other seed/nut butter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp water (for blending)
- Optional: walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until a smooth and slightly thick mixture forms. You may want to add in water for easier blending depending on the power of your food processor.
- Add mixture into a lined baking tin and spread evenly with a spatula. Add crushed walnuts on top for an extra touch.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked inside.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy with family and friends!
- *You can make your own puree by boiling sweet potato, letting it cool, and blending in a food processor.