Hi beautiful souls!
This is a recipe that I created a few years ago, and to this day it is still one of the best raw home-made vegan cakes that I have ever made and happily eaten (not to be biased, of course 😉 ). Filled with wholesome plant ingredients and simple to make, I am sure that it is a recipe that any soul would enjoy, especially when shared with loved ones and friends♡
Naturally sweetened with dates, this carrot cake is dense, super delicious, and nourishing for the mind, body and soul. The added cashew cream on top gives it a creamy texture, and it definitely makes for a great snack, dessert, or meal if you would like 🙂 Carrots are a wonderful source of Vitamin A, and because of its simplicity, this recipe is also gut-friendly for all. Be kind to others, and always remember to be kind to yourself.♡
I hope that you enjoy this recipe, and if you do recreate it, I would love to see your beautiful creations on my instagram, @jaslipska !
Sending all of my love,
Raw Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Frosting
Makes: 12 small slices
Time: 10 mins making + 30 mins preparation
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 6-7 pitted dates, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 medium carrots
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- handful of walnuts
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients together on high until a thick mixture forms. It should be sticky and dough-like.
- You can adjust the amount of seasoning/spices you add depending on your taste preference.
- Place the mixture into a lined baking tray and press down firmly and evenly with your fingers.
- Optional: Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes before serving and slicing.
Cashew Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water OR soaked overnight
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl, soak cashews in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cashews have been softened, in a food processor, blend the cashews, vanilla and water on high. You may like to add in a few more tablespoons of water depending on what consistency you like. (for a thick cream, add less water)
- When you have reached a smooth consistency, pour and spread on top of the carrot cake and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with loved ones!