Hi beautiful friends!
Today I am so excited to bring you this incredible creation of a recipe, something that I hadn’t tried before until this day, and that is this beautiful plant-based and wholesome ‘Banana & Carrot Bread’!
As you may know, cooking and baking are a form of meditation for me, and creating recipes using whole plant foods is one of my favourite mindful activities to do. Eating from a place of love is one of the most important ways to heal and keep our bodies in balance, which is why I always focus on living foods that provide us with the energy we need to thrive and be the best version of ourselves. Our bodies are sacred temples that allow our souls to have a human experience, and when you are healthy (which looks and feels different for every person), you allow yourself to reach your highest potential. Honour your beautiful home by treating it with love and respect.
As a big fan of bananas and carrot cake, I suddenly received the greatest idea ever recently- to combine my two loves, and create a banana & carrot bread! Bingo 🙂 So that’s exactly what I did, and it turned out absolutely incredible. Not only is it super simple to make, it is also naturally sweetened with no added refined sugar, gluten, and oil, and it is without a doubt very very delicious. Plus, it came out moist and fluffy too! I’m sure that when you share it with loved ones, one batch probably won’t last the day 🙂
I hope that you enjoy the recipe and give it a go, and if you do, I would truly love to see your amazing creations! You’re welcome to tag me in your instagram posts and stories with @jaslipska, and I would also love to share them with our community too! Let’s spread the message of mindful and conscious eating to serve our bodies, and that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be boring at all- the only limit you ever have is in the mind.
Sending all of my love and take care,
Nourish Banana & Carrot Bread (vegan & gluten free)
by Jasmine Lipska
Time: 45-55 minutes
Makes: around 10 thin slices
- 2.5 bananas, mashed
- 1 flax egg (2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water)
- 4 pitted dates + 1/4 cup water
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining the flax meal and water in a separate bowl, and letting sit at room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
- To create a date paste, place the pitted dates and water in a food processor, and blend on high speed until a smooth mixture is formed.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a spatula, including the flax egg and date paste, until well incorporated. The mixture should be smooth and slightly thick. If it is too thick, add a splash of water. If it is too thin, add some more oat flour.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin and even it out with the spatula. Place it in the oven and allow to bake for at least 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked inside.
- Once ready, allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: add cacao nibs on top for an extra crunch and cacao flavour.
- Enjoy and share with loved ones! (or your neighbours) ♡