Hi beautiful souls!
In my recent vlog, I shared with you a simple and delicious plant-based lunch recipe, where I cooked up some amazing (and magical) wholesome falafels and a colourful vegetable curry. Here is the full recipe for you, which is great for any day of the week, and also for meal prepping too. All you need to do is make a big batch on one day, and place into lunch boxes to keep in the fridge for up to one week for a nourishing meal on-the-go.
The best part about these falafels are that they are really versatile, meaning you can substitute some of these ingredients for what you prefer or have available (as listed in the recipe), and add in any spices/other ingredients you like. The main thing is to just create a mixture that is slightly thick and not too thin, so they bake well in shape (unless you don’t mind flat falafels 🙂 ). As always, this meal is packed with essential nutrients for our mind, body and soul to thrive, containing plant-based sources of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It is gluten and refined sugar free, but promises it will be enjoyed by everyone you share this with!
I truly hope you enjoy this recipe, and if you do recreate it, I’d love to see your creations if you tag me on instagram 🙂
Take care always,
4 Ingredient Plant-Based Falafels
Time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (or cucumber/carrot)
- 1 small sweet potato, steamed
- 1/4 cup water
- optional: 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp curry powder, 2 tbsp tahini (or other nut butter of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients together until well incorporated and a smooth mixture is formed. Ensure it is slightly thick and not too thin.
- If it is too thick, add in more water. If it is too thin, add in more flour.
- Scoop into tablespoons and lay onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for around 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy!
- (Fun fact- you can eat the mixture as it without baking, if you like 🙂 It would be like hummus!)
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp massaman curry paste
- other: avocado
- In a saucepan over high heat, add in 1 cup water and all vegetables to cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
- When done, drain the water and add in spices. Stir well to combine thoroughly.
- Plate the curry and add avocado on top for an extra touch 🙂 Other options include drizzling over tahini and/or lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!