Hi beautiful souls!
It has been a really long time since I last read a fiction book- in fact, I think the last time was in high school, when we read The Great Gatsby, which was a book I truly enjoyed and learned a lot from.
In the past year, I have read over 40 books on self-development, growth and human optimisation, but recently while I’ve been in Thailand, I came across The Alchemist once again, and took it as a sign that it was time to read it…and it for sure came at the perfect divine timing. Thank you universe.
As I’m writing this post, I finished reading the book today (which only took a couple of days), and felt really inspired to share with you some important lessons from this book that really touched my soul and I needed to be reminded of again. And I hope that in sharing this, something can resonate with you too to look at life in a different, more positive way so that you can align with your highest self and move forward on the path of your dreams.
We all resonate with different lessons from a book- you know, those moments that strike our heart and make us go “oh my goodness” and we need to read over and over again to really take it in- and I believe that we learn these lessons when our soul is ready. I now know why I wasn’t attracted to this book until now. As I am always on my own journey of growth, it is exactly what I needed to understand some personal things I am going through, and I am sure that if you are attracted to this book too (or any book in general), it is divine guidance from the universe.
If you haven’t heard about or read The Alchemist yet, I can leave the link to purchasing it right here. I highly recommend this as a self-growth book to empower you in pursuing your dreams. Although it is fiction, every part of the deeper message is relevant to all of us.
Essentially, this book is about the spiritual life journey we all take, our desire to reach our dreams and how to get there, and that life is truly about who we are being than what we get. It’s main theme is about finding one’s destiny, or purpose, and teaches us to follow our hearts.
These are some of the powerful life lessons that resonated with me from The Alchemist:
- When your heart desires something, the whole universe sends you people, events and experiences to help you achieve it. Everything happens in your favour and for your highest good when you see the lesson in everything.
- Having a dream gives you purpose and direction in life, yet the greatest “treasure” in the dream is who you become in the pursuit of it- the lessons you learn and your growth. Life is about who you are being in the present moment.
- On the way of achieving your dream, there will always be obstacles, challenges and hardships. But you have the strength to overcome anything, for the universe doesn’t send you anything you are not able to get through, and you can always ask for help. Be resilient, you can always pick yourself back up.
- Sometimes, we need to take a longer route or detour from what we ‘think’ the path is to achieve our dreams, because it’s in this other path that we actually receive what we need- the lessons and growth for our soul to become an even better version of ourselves. Once we reach our dream, it also makes us appreciate it so much more, because of the journey we went through.
- Every experience leads to another event, and another event, and you realise that everything is connected, and if one moment were different the whole destiny would be changed. So no matter who you meet, it is a divine synchronicity, because out of all possibilities you happened to come together at the exact same time, at the same place, and there is always something you can learn from that person.
- We often think that when we achieve our dream, then we’ll be happy, but happiness comes from working towards that goal and who you become in the process. Happiness is in this present moment.
- You don’t always need to think. Sometimes the beauty of life is simply in observing, accepting and appreciating what is. Embrace the Now, that’s where the treasure really is.
- You can turn anything and everything into an opportunity to keep growing, learning and evolving. You can choose to make the most of all situations and experiences.
- When you are closer to realising your dream and/or achieving it than ever, the universe will often send another challenge for you to master everything you have learned on the journey of getting there. It’s for you to truly reflect on yourself, your determination and your willingness to keep moving forward, and this is just how the universe works. Before dawn is the darkest part of the night. The moon can’t shine without darkness. Difficult times bring forth something even better.
- You can lose all of your possessions and material things, but you can never lose who your knowledge, what you learn and who you become the process of receiving what you desire. We ultimately don’t ‘own’ anything, and when you release attachment to things, you also release your suffering.
- Your success, joy and energy has a ripple effect on those around you and the world.
- You don’t always need to know ‘how’ you’ll get to your dream, let the universe work it out for you. All you need to do is decide that it is your dream, to be confident about it, and inspired action will flow out of your commitment. Letting yourself be overcome by thinking too much will not move you forward.
- Stay in your own lane and focus on your own journey. There will be people who will laugh at your dreams and not believe in you, and there will also be people who love you so much that they believe in your dreams more than you, and all they want is for you to achieve your them. Ultimately, there will always be external opinions, and the most important thing is to stay true to your heart, to focus on love, and not compare your journey to anyone else.
- Your dreams are valid, don’t be afraid of how ‘out there’ it seems. There is no such thing as ‘unrealistic’, it’s all about the belief you have in yourself, for if you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
- “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
- “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
- “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.”
- “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”
- “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
- “Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.”
- “We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.”
- “No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.”
- “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.”
- “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.”
- “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.”
- “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”
- “We are travelers on a cosmic journey,stardust,swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share.This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.”
- “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.”
- “Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realise that nothing really belongs to them.”
- “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say.”
- “Life really is generous to those who pursue their destiny”
Overall, I truly enjoyed every moment of reading this book, and it’s like I went through my own journey and grew so much between the first page and turning the last. I can honestly say that it impacted me in a really great way, it was a refreshing read, very eye opening, and definitely very thought-provoking.
What are your thoughts on this book? What are your greatest takeaways? I’d love to know!
If you would like more guidance on manifesting your dreams and working with the law of attraction (or maybe you are new to the concept), my book “Manifest Like Bliss” is here to guide you and is available on Amazon, as an ebook and also as an audiobook, which you can find here.
Sending my love and always take care friends, I believe in you and your potential.